Tuesday, January 8, 2013

ARRRGHHHHH

you clicked the link !!!!!!
Really ????

 You actually clicked the link ?


 Actually, this was just a test to see how many clicks I got from WA. With over 800 people following me, if only 10% click the link I should have at least 80 hits on this page right ?

 The point of this was, even within our safe group here at Wealthy Affiliates you have to be careful just what you click on. There has been some bad links posted lately in the Blogs that infected users computers with a trojan. Thank you Rich for bringing that to everyone's attention. Luckily I am a nice guy  depending on who you ask, and would never do anything to purposely harm any of my fellow members here at WA.

 Be careful out their my friends, and be sure to leave a comment.

3 comments:

  1. I am a web developer and I realized the potential problem before I came here. That's why I copied the link over to my test machine and ran it from there. This way, if I got infected, no problem. That's what that machine is for. Also, I could see there was no link information being sent through the url that would compromise my WA account so I felt pretty safe.

    As for your sight, RIGHT ON! I am glad you are scolding the people who sho up here. I would also be currious in the exact statistics of those who come here from your post in WA. Interesting how people are not aware of the problems that can happen from clicking on an unknown link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curiosity got the better of me. Had to click it for the pure pleasure and excitement...sure glad no trojans got me ;) Let me know what percent of your followers click it. Great post. I have seen some of the SLUG POST on WA and got to say that, thanks to WA, I have learned enough to stay away from them. Thanks again. thedave.11@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have shortened the link really. May just do that and start over.
      So far 14 hits.

      Delete