Sunday, October 14, 2012

New water Purifier

Finally broke down yesterday, and went out and got a water purifier for the faucet in the kitchen. After looking at the different models and methods, we finally ended up with the type that connects to the faucet, and runs it through a charcoal type filter. We had thought about the type that sits on top of a  pitcher, that you fill and then place in the fridge, but decided that would be more of a hassle. One other deciding factor was that the filter also works with chlorine, which was a major factor for me. The chlorine tastes horrible, and just dries my mouth out immediately after taking a drink. BLECH!!! I did notice that the water that is ran through the purifier, runs really slow, so it may take awhile to fill a two gallon container for my homebrewing. I hope that the trade off is that the taste of my homebrew beer will be much much better. Keep your fingers crossed, and if you have any helpful hints or idea's, be sure to leave comments. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment